Hosting the Annual Meeting
AC Forum holds its General Assembly and Annual Meeting every year in January. The meeting is hosted by a host city, for which all European cities can apply.
The host city is selected by the AC Forum Board about 14 months before the meeting takes place. They look for a host cities that could be of (future) interest to AC Forum members: it is a way for host cities to (re-)introduce themselves to the member associations or share with them innovations and new developments.
In 2020, the General Assembly and Annual Meeting will take place in Helsinki, Finland.
In 2021, the General Assembly and Annual Meeting will take place in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
2022 AC FORUM ANNUAL MEETING AND GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Capital cities often have a much higher profile for hosting conference/congress and trade shows when compared to less established cities. Not all associations need to host events in capital cities and this widens the possibilities for hosting events in attractive and perhaps less well-known conference facilities, which we are calling “hidden gems”. By hosting the 2022 AC Forum meetings in a “hidden gem” location, we are inviting a destination to seize the opportunity to apply and provide a different understanding of the wealth, diversity and quality of European destinations.
AC Forum welcomes all application fitting its requirements and looks forward to innovative approaches.
Application to submit a proposal for our 2022 Annual Meeting is not yet open at this stage but should you be interested to learn more about it, please contact the AC Forum Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host city application
- The application letter must be submitted by the Convention Bureau, or similar institution of the potential host city, and shall be addressed to the Secretariat of the AC Forum.
- The city should have adequate facilities to host large international conventions with a minimum of 2.000 delegates.
- The Convention Bureau shall support and organise:
- Complimentary hotel rooms for approx. 120 delegates for 2 or 3 nights depending upon delegates’ travel arrangements
- Complimentary meeting rooms in the congress centre:
- Thursday morning, approx. 10 pax (Board meeting)
- Thursday afternoon, approx. 50 pax in cabaret style (Leadership Forum)
- Thursday late afternoon, approx. 100 pax in classroom style (General Assembly)
- Friday all day Session, approx.120 pax in cabaret style, plus 1-2 smaller break-out rooms
- Saturday all day session, approx.120 pax in cabaret style, plus 1-2 smaller break-out rooms
- Complimentary coffee breaks and lunches on Friday and Saturday
- One sponsored gala dinner for all delegates and city and congress centre representatives on Friday
- One private dinner for AC Forum Members only on Thursday
Typical agenda of an AC Forum General Assembly and Annual Meeting:
Wednesday / Thursday
10.00 – 14.00 Board Meeting
14.30 – 17.00 Leadership Forum
17.30 – 19.30 General Assembly
20.00 – 22.00 Dinner (AC Forum Members only)
09.00 – 12.30 Plenary/2-3 streams
12.30 – 14.00 Lunch
14.00 – 18.00 Plenary/2-3 streams
19.30 – 22.30 Sponsored dinner (for all delegates and city and congress centre representatives)
09.00 – 12.30 Plenary/2-3 streams
12.30 End of meeting and lunch
Afternoon Optional visit of the congress centre / City tour
Saturday / Sunday
For further questions please contact the AC Forum secretariat email@example.com